Street Outreach Case Manager
Company: DuPage Pads
Category: Nonprofit, Social Work
Type: Full Time
DuPagePads has an opening for the Street Outreach Case Manager position. This position is responsible for intake, assessment, case coordination, referrals, crisis intervention, advocacy and engagement to unsheltered individuals and program participants who use the Interim Housing system. Responsibilities: (to be performed with or without reasonable accommodation):
- Operates within the DuPagePads Core Values, which supports providing care in accordance with the Trauma Informed Policy and Practices of the Agency.
- Work in teams of two to engage and provide outreach, crisis intervention, and assessment and case coordination to unsheltered individuals.
- Monitor and act on community reports of unsheltered individuals.
- Assist with transportation to Interim Housing sites and/or various places when deemed appropriate.
- Establish relationships with community police departments, libraries and community organizations for purposes of identifying individuals who need services.
- Provide screening and intake of program participants who use the Interim Housing system.
- Provide appropriate referrals to the Interim Housing Sites and/or Client Service Center.
- Engage with program participants to build relationships to help move them to the next level of service.
- Document and report any hospital calls or emergencies to the Interim Housing Director.
- Engage with program volunteers to insure overnight site operations.
- Provide education and advocacy on behalf of agency programs, services, and clients with volunteers at Interim Housing sites.
- Provide required program forms and information to the Interim Housing Director and/or office staff according to expected deadlines.
- Maintain nightly information log and required data entry according to expected deadlines.
- Attend and actively participate in all required meetings.