Security Officer (3rd shift) – Campus Safety & Security
Company: Midwestern University
Type: Full Time
The Security Officer is responsible for the security of the University and its property and may be scheduled to work on holidays and weekends. The position reports to the Security Shift Supervisor in Downers Grove. The hours of this position will be Thursday through Monday from 11:30pm – 8:00am. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Patrol University property on foot, bicycle and vehicle, to identify hazardous conditions, take corrective measures to reduce or eliminate inappropriate behavior. Contact and coordinate with Downers Grove police as needed.
- Respond to calls for service, including but not limited to, locking/unlocking classrooms, offices, dorms, medical suites, exam rooms and buildings. Provide motorist assistance for dead batteries and provide emergency medical response utilizing patient assessment to contact EMS or if necessary, utilize cardio pulmonary resuscitation, automated external defibrillator and basic first aid. Conduct investigations, prepare written reports, collect evidence, and gather victim/witness statements of criminal acts and violations of University policy. Respond to any/all emergency/disaster situations and document thoroughly. Perform other duties as assigned by the Director and Assistant Director of Safety and Security.
- Encourage and enforce traffic and pedestrian safety. Participate in traffic safety campaigns. This will include enforcement monitoring and pedestrian safety within the parking garages.
- Perform the following tasks as needed; provide customer service and security for welcome center, monitor camera and equipment in the welcome center, open and close campus buildings, direct and escort guests, students and employees, and assist with special events.
- When assigned to work at the Multi-Specialty Clinic, assist disabled guests and those which require assistance getting out of their vehicles at the drop-off drive, ensuring they get to a seat in the waiting room (As dictated by Non-Emergency Medical Transportation Certification).