Company: Jel Sert
Category: Human Resources
Type: Full Time
Jel Sert has an opening for the Safety Representative position. This position will work closely with their EHS Coordinator by maintaining a variety of safety, health and/or environmental programs to ensure practical, cost-effective measures are in place within the workplace to continuously improve our safety culture and to assure the highest possible degree of safety for employees. Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Coordinate and provide safety training programs for new employees along with monthly and annual required programs.
- Projects may vary between Personal Protective Equipment assessments, Safety Data Sheet organization, GHS labeling, training organization and improvements, chemical inventories, lab equipment safety, and/or procedure updates.
- Ensures OSHA compliance through auditing required programs such as powered industrial trucks (forklift), confined spaces, LOTO, fire extinguishers, hearing tests, and other programs.
- Identify and evaluate hazardous conditions, compliance, and practices during on-site inspections and audits.
- Ensure corrective action processes are in place for responding to and correcting safety audit findings.
- Compiles required safety reports, statistics, and other data as requested.
- Coordinate and actively participate in monthly safety committee meetings.
- Administrate timecards as needed for employees on worker’s compensation leave, medical treatment/therapy/etc. that may occur during the work shift.
- Assist in the monitoring of employees to ensure they are adhering to the following practices upon the arrival and during their shift: completion of Health Screening Form; monitoring of employee’s temperature through our infrared temperature measurement system; enforce wearing of PPE’s within the workplace; monitor and enforce social distancing; ensure workspaces and common areas are routinely disinfected.