Company: Graphic Packaging International
Category: Engineering / Drafting
Type: Full Time
Graphic Packaging International has an opening for the Process Engineer position. This position supports Plant Manufacturing operations while maintaining a strong focus on continual Process Improvement, Optimization, and Safety. Applies fundamental knowledge of basic principles, theories and concepts of industry standards and practices to design, automate, modify, test, machines, equipment or processes used in processing or manufacturing products. This position is responsible for the implementation and continual improvement of the site’s safety process. Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Develops, designs, and communicates manufacturing processes.
- Monitors and revises processes to help generate cost savings and improve the quality and efficiency of manufacturing, product, and safety processes.
- Participates in design reviews to improve the ability to manufacture products.
- Responsible for the activities related to the development of new processes including researching current and emerging technologies, evaluating process cost, quality, and performing process characterization and optimization.
- Identifies, develops, and solves issues or problems with equipment and processes relating to manufacturing and safety.
- Troubleshoots possible causes and coordinates the activities of maintenance, production and other available resources to implement cost effective and safe solutions.
- Provides coordination of new process installation and process changes.
- Develop/update safety procedures, lead/participate in incident investigations and training, and interact with operations and maintenance in regards to safety concerns.