Company: Village of Glen Ellyn
Category: Accounting and Finance
Type: Full Time
The Village of Glen Ellyn is seeking qualified candidates for the full-time position of Payroll Specialist. The job duties of the Payroll Specialist include, but are not limited to, performing payroll processing, health and liability insurance processing, basic accounting, and related administrative support functions. Primary responsibilities include preparing and coordinating the bi-weekly payroll for the Village and the Glenbard Wastewater Authority, monthly payroll for the Glen Ellyn Police Pension Fund, processing health insurance changes, and preparing and responding to a number of regulatory reports and surveys. The position is also responsible for quarterly and yearly tax forms and reports. The salary range for this position is $55,980 to $85,118. Below lists some responsibilities of the position:
- Prepare bi-weekly payrolls for the Village and Glenbard Wastewater Authority. Prepare all payroll related reports including employment tax returns, vendor payments and year-end tax documents.
- Prepare monthly payroll for the Glen Ellyn Police Pension Fund. Prepare all payroll related reports including employment tax returns, vendor payments, and year-end tax documents.
- Assist with filings and reporting for the Village’s Police Pension Fund.
- Manage and maintain payroll and accounting clerical records, and drafts various written correspondence.
- Assist Human Resources with open enrollment for health insurance and other plans, including retiree health insurance.
- Prepares and oversees Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF) enrollment and reporting.