Mobile Service Diesel Technician
Company: TRANSCHICAGO Truck Group
Type: Full Time
TransChicago Truck Group is hiring a Mobile Service Diesel Technician. The Mobile Service Diesel Technician will maintain diesel equipment operation by completing inspections and preventive maintenance requirements; correcting vehicle deficiencies; making adjustments and alignments; keeping records. Essential functions and expectations:
- Performs job duties at customer’s location and/or outside of the Company facility.
- Repairs and maintains customer vehicles, including D.O.T. inspections, lube and oil changes, minor adjustments and minor repairs on tractors, trailers and trucks.
- Maintains Mobile Department vehicles, including clean-up and mechanical.
- Maintains truck inventory.
- Records necessary information on vehicles being repaired and completes appropriate inspections forms.
- When mobile maintenance work is not available, performs assigned duties in the main shop.
- Determines vehicle condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests; identifying worn and damaged parts.
- Keeps equipment available for use by completing preventive maintenance schedules; installing component and part upgrades; controlling corrosion; completing winterization procedures.
- Verifies vehicle performance by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
- Complies with federal and state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards.
- Maintains vehicle appearance by cleaning, washing, and painting.
- Maintains vehicle records by annotating services and repairs.
- Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical and regulation publications.
- Enhances maintenance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.