Manager, Rural Adolescent Health
Company: American Academy of Pediatrics
Category: Healthcare, Management, Office and Administration
Type: Full Time
The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) has a newly created position that will manage the content, evaluation, and quality improvement (QI) initiatives for the AAP National Rural Adolescent and Child Health ECHO Training Center (NRACH ECHO Training Center), including the planning, implementation, and evaluation of project activities. The NRACH ECHO Training Center will support primary care providers in ensuring that children and adolescents in rural communities have access to quality pediatric mental, behavioral, and adolescent health services. This role will work remotely until at least January 18, 2022, with most likely a hybrid re-entry plan. Some tasks include:
- Manage the design, development, implementation, and evaluation of content and QI programs for the NRACH ECHO Training Center, working closely with the AAP project leadership team, National Advisory Committee, HRSA, and key stakeholders. Content and QI programs will focus on pediatric/adolescent mental and behavioral health services, adolescent health and preventive services, emerging pediatric health issues, and special considerations for providing pediatric/adolescent health services in rural communities.
- Convene and serve as primary staff support for the NRACH ECHO Training Center National Advisory Committee and contracted Medical Directors.
- Design and implement process and outcome evaluation protocols for the NRACH ECHO Training Center, using both quantitative and qualitative methods as appropriate. Inform program development based on evaluation science, and lead data analysis and reporting in conjunction with external experts as needed.
- Develop comprehensive monitoring and evaluation plans to assess goals and objectives for the overall NRACH ECHO Training Center with input from members and other stakeholders, including the development of timelines and tasks, providing continuous quality improvement support to other staff and participants, and monitoring progress of goals and objectives.
- Manage the development of the design and evaluation of QI programs within the NRACH ECHO Training Center, including data collection tools, development of materials (change packages, project charters, key driver diagrams), and pre/post-testing program participants.
- Support the development of Institutional Review Board (IRB), Maintenance of Certification (MOC), Continuing Medical Education (CME), and AAP Quality Improvement Data Aggregator (QIDA) applications, as needed.
- Assist in the development and implementation of the AAP QIDA workspace, including designing questions, assisting with participant onboarding, analyzing run chart reports, and providing monthly recommendations for improvement.
- Support the planning, implementation, and development of materials and sessions for the AAP NRACH ECHO Training Center.