Company: Metropolitan Family Services
Category: Education, Nonprofit
Type: Full Time
Metropolitan Family Services is hiring for a full-time Floater Teacher to join their Early Childhood Education team. Some job functions are listed below.
- Responsible for maintaining emotional environment of the classroom by: modeling and ensuring that children are spoken and listened to respectfully and comforted as necessary; setting appropriate limits for children with reasonable consequences; and using positive reinforcement that supports the development of children’s self-help skills.
- Responsible for promoting the cognitive development of children by developing and implementing weekly curriculum and lesson plans using Creative Curriculum and projects which include: literacy, dramatic play, science, math, fine and gross motor activities, open-ended art, computer, and problem-solving.
- Responsible for performing Parent Child Educator responsibilities in the event the floating assignment involves home based programming.
- Responsible for modeling and ensuring appropriate adult-child interactions including the use of open-ended questions, moderate tone of voice, respect for children’s individual learning and communication styles and providing assistance, comfort and encouragement as needed.
- Responsible for arranging and maintaining the physical environment of the classroom to complement the curriculum and to provide a safe, healthy environment.
- Supervises and/or delegates responsibility to supervise all activities in which children participate, in the classroom, outdoors and off-site.
- Conducts and/or oversees screening of all children within prescribed time frames using the Early Screening Inventory, Ages and Stages Social Emotional Questionnaire and other prescribed tools.
- Responsible for completing weekly observations, objective anecdotal recordings, samples of child’s work, photographs, child’s dictations, and anecdotal recordings of other teachers, parents and children.
- Responsible for ensuring the development of an education file for each child which includes required forms, consents, assessments, screening results, IEPs, parent-teacher conference results, home visits and on-going individual goal planning and accommodations as needed.
- Responsible for the planning and implementation of a minimum of semi-annual home visits and parent-teacher conferences.