Company: Our Children's Homestead
Category: Social Work
Our Children’s Homestead is currently seeking Contracted Mentors in the Chicagoland area. This is a contracted position that will be part of Our Children’s Homestead Child Welfare Division. This position will be responsible for the rehabilitative stabilization services for children which relate to their service plans. Commitment to developing supportive, caring relationship(s) (at-risk youth) facilitating the growth and development of general healthy life skills, independence goals, employment preparedness and/or higher education preparedness. Responsibilities:
- Attend mentor orientation and training sessions before meeting mentee.
- Attend ongoing mentor training and support sessions.
- Meet with mentee on a regular basis according to contractual obligations to establish friendly, supportive working relationship and to support mentee in personal growth and employment goals.
- Align activities and content of mentoring time with youth’s permanency goals.
- Reliable transportation (a car), and willingness to work within the community according to the mentee’s geographic location (s).
- Assist mentee in solving work-related and other problems that interfere with mentee’s success at work, at home or at school.
- Turn in time logs, notes, and other information in a timely manner as required by Program Coordinator and program guidelines.