Chief Partnership & Philanthropy Officer
Company: Forest Preserve District of DuPage County
Type: Full Time
The Forest Preserve District of DuPage County is looking to hire a Chief Partnership & Philanthropy Officer to their team in Wheaton. This position is responsible for cultivating and maintaining relationships that advance the District’s short-and long-term goals. Primary responsibilities include development of donor relationships, corporate sponsorships, government and foundation grants, and fundraising, endowment and capital campaigns. This position also serves as the Executive Director of the Friends of the Forest Preserve (a 503(c) (3) non-profit). This position is a member of the District’s executive leadership team. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Develop, enhance and maintain the District’s philanthropic relationships with external stakeholders, including DuPage County’s various corporations and businesses, other governmental entities, non-profits, and the Friends of the Forest Preserve.
- Serve as the Executive Director of the Friends of the Forest Preserve, including providing strategic leadership and assistance to the FOFP Board.
- Develop compelling messaging and materials to communicate District initiatives and priorities to various external stakeholders.
- Foster a culture of donor stewardship and relationship building throughout the District and County.
- Develop, manage and evaluate the District’s various fundraising strategies, including setting priorities, goals and budget.
- Enhance the overall donor experience through events, personalized communications, impact reporting, recognition to document and honor donor intent.
- Research, identify, establish and cultivate potential private and corporate donors.
- Develop and manage relationships with staff, elected officials, businesses and community stakeholders.
- Develop and manage the District’s grants program.
- Coordinate fundraising activities, development, grant writing, and corporate philanthropy. Target revenue sources to support the strategic direction of the District and Friends of the Forest Preserve District.
- Coordinate communications and activities related to external stakeholder and donor relationships.
- Coordinate administrative responsibilities for donor gift processing, recognition and stewardship.
- Organize and manage capital and programmatic fundraising campaigns.
- Foster and develop long-term philanthropic relationships benefiting both the District and the Friends of the Forest Preserve District of DuPage County.
- Identify opportunities to secure and increase speaking engagements for District, that positions the District’s environmental expertise and value as a community partner.
- Collaborate with staff to develop and implement a consistent donation program to be implemented at all sites.
- Lead a team of full-time, part-time, and volunteer staff to achieve goals and objectives.