Assistant Machine Operator – $2,000 Sign-on Bonus
Company: Graphic Packaging International
Type: Full Time
Graphic Packaging International is seeking an Assistant Machine Operator. Machine Set-Up/Gluer Operators understand and align business operations and Finishing Department as he/she executes their role to exceed customer expectations and align with GPI business, cultural, financial and operational objectives. Job functions are the following:
- Sets up and operates straight-line gluers, inner cell, 4-corner and 6-corner gluers; and related peripheral/supporting equipment for manufacturing folded and glued carton.
- Observes automatic feeding, folding, and gluing of box blanks to detect machine malfunctions.
- Inspects completed work to detect defects and verify conformance to work order specifications, and adjust machinery as necessary to correct variations.
- Keeps daily time and materials usage reports and records information in Peak and SAP.
- Performs Preventative Maintenance.
- Disassembles machines to maintain, repair, or replace broken or worn parts, using hand tools.
- Assist temporary employees with understanding task assignments while – reinforcing housekeeping, safety and Graphic Packaging International’s core values.
- Review job tickets.
- Performs, understands and follows make ready as required which includes general set up of the gluer or window machine.
- Run the job according to customers specifications.
- Quality control of all gluing aspects including carton alignment, glue adhesion and proper folding.
- Verifies and communicates both product standards and work standards to crew to execute production.
- Maintains equipment by performing minor maintenance, troubleshooting, calibrations, adjustments, repairs, and authorized modifications.
- Clean area around gluer.