Accounts Receivable Specialist
Company: Village of Glen Ellyn
Category: Accounting and Finance, Customer Service, Government
Type: Part Time
The Village of Glen Ellyn Finance Department is seeking qualified candidates for the position of part-time Accounts Receivable Specialist. The job duties of the Accounts Receivable Specialist, include, but are not limited to, providing courteous and responsive customer service to Village residents and the general public in a high-visibility role; organizing and participating in clerical accounting operations; effectively responding to inquiries and concerns pertaining to utility billing, residential refuse & recycling collection, waste, real estate transfer tax, vehicle stickers, permit parking, and general billing; and verifying and recording related accounting transactions. This position is a job share position and performs other duties and special projects as assigned. Position reports directly to the Accounts Manager. Essential functions:
- Provide friendly and responsive customer service via the phone, in person, by e-mail, and in writing.
- Collect and process payments from customers and other village departments, including utility payments, parking permits, vehicle stickers, building permits, business registrations, etc.
- Resolve resident complaints via the phone, in person, and via e-mail; offer new resident introduction, including an explanation of the waste removal systems, vehicle stickers requirements, and various Village programs, ordinances, and procedures.
- Administer the village permit parking lots including billing, collection of fees, issuance of hang tags, and maintenance of the wait list for residents and merchants; also process funds for the daily parking lots.
- Handle daily balancing of a cash drawer, process online and lockbox payments, and file reports; and prepare various statements and reports.
- Assist other clerk positions with data entry as work load demands, and assist with utility billing related functions.