Company: Covenant Living at Windsor Park
Type: Full Time
Covenant Living at Windsor Park is seeking a Security Guard. This position is responsible for security of the campus, all campus vehicles, residents, staff and visitors. Security responsibilities are to monitor and secure the buildings and grounds and respond to all emergencies on the campus during the security shift. General hours are 7 pm to 7 am, three nights per week. In this role, the Security Guard will:
- Respond to emergency call system.
- Evaluate the need to notify any on-call personnel when necessary and follows designated procedures supporting on-call personnel as required.
- In emergency situations, calls 911 and ensures connection with responding emergency personnel.
- Check and secures all security equipment, completes scheduled patrols of entire campus.
- Check and secure all exterior doors in all buildings.
- Be on alert and is to challenge any/all trespassers on campus property.
- Responsible for monitoring all vehicle traffic and help maintain all of traffic policies.
- Have knowledge about and familiarizes self with the entire campus, equipment areas, campus phone system, emergency fire equipment/panels, emergency pendant system and follows all appropriate procedures.
- Quickly respond to the emergency pendant system and check on residents via phone, knocking on door, and/or entering apartment.
- Have familiarity with utility shut-off locations, and able to reset HVAC chiller system, when not operating. In addition, familiar with fire detector indicator panel locations and understands shut-off techniques and panel reset procedures.
- Write and distribute appropriate reports for all incidents.
- Report all safety hazards and writes appropriate maintenance requests into the WorxHub software program.
- Provide maintenance/housekeeping services at the direction of any leadership staff, on an emergency basis. Assist with trash removal as needed.
- Provide non-emergency residential services that do not conflict with the main security purpose.