Company: U.S. Foods
Category: Transportation & Logistics
Type: Full Time
U.S. Foods has an opening for the Transportation Supervisor position. The primary purpose of this position is to supervise the administration of daily outbound shipments to customers and other distribution centers within the organization. Must ensure a safe and secure working environment and operate in a profitable manner. CDL- A License is a plus. Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Directs and supervises the work and productivity of drivers and clerical associates within the transportation department.
- Ensures all drivers and other transportation department associates are appropriately trained in job duties as well as safety and legal responsibilities.
- Anticipates, analyzes and troubleshoots problems with deliveries and devises cost-effective and legal solutions; and acts to implement same.
- Schedules drivers for routes based on division devised methodology.
- Conducts routine Safety and Driver Meetings.
- Create an atmosphere in which upward communication is encouraged and motivate associates to achieve department goals and objectives.
- Ensure maintenance of driver qualification files.
- Investigates all accidents, maintains an accident file, tracks causes and takes appropriate preventative action.