Transit Van Driver – $2,000 Sign-On Bonus!
Company: First Transit
Category: Transportation & Logistics
Type: Full Time
NEW $18/HR STARTING WAGE with $2,000 SIGN-ON BONUS*!
We offer prep classes to assist you with securing your CDL license! Apply online now OR visit us Monday-Friday 10:00 am to 5:00 pm for an on-the-spot interview where you can complete an online application!
We are located at 22 W760 Poss Street, Glen Ellyn, Illinois, 60137
More questions? Call Pat at 630-299-5007
At First Transit we make a large impact in our community every day! Every day our drivers serve the DuPage community by providing safe and reliable transportation. Each day our essential drivers transport individuals who rely on our service to doctors’ appointments, work, grocery stores, and much, much more! If you love helping people and driving – come work for us! We’re immediately hiring to offer the employment experience you desire and the flexibility you need.
We are proud to offer these great benefits to our drivers:
- NEW $18 HR/ Starting Wage!
- $2,000 Sign on Bonus*
- Comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) with company contribution, medical, dental, and vision
- Paid time off, paid holidays, and paid sick time
- Make extra money with overtime opportunities
- Paid Training (we will help you obtain a CDL)
- Flexible Schedule –
- Year-round work (unlike a school bus driving position)
- GPS guidance in all vehicles
- Making a real difference in the lives of the passengers you serve
You’ll be responsible for:
- Safely transporting passengers in a safe, courteous, and reliable manner throughout the service area
- Assisting in the boarding of passengers using wheelchairs or other mobility aids and properly secure wheelchairs and scooters
We want you to drive with us if you:
- Have good communication skills
- Are at least 21 years old
- Have held a valid driver’s license for at least 5 years
- Please note all applicants are subject to a drug test and physical
First Transit keeps people moving and communities prospering – That’s why we need amazing people like YOU to APPLY NOW!
*Offer expires 11/30/21 see location for details
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.