Test Site Assistant
Company: University of Illinois System / Shield Illinois
Type: Full Time
SHIELD Illinois is actively seeking a responsible person that is willing to work and is passionate about fighting COVID. SHIELD Illinois is a screening testing program and infrastructure that deploys the University of Illinois’ innovative saliva test across the state. We save lives by curbing the spread of COVID-19, while reducing productivity loss and prioritizing employee wellbeing. SHIELD Illinois uses cutting-edge PCR technology and robotics to deliver fast reliable results to patients. We strive to have a positive impact on patients’ lives across Illinois by making complicated testing and long turnaround times a thing of the past. Interested applicants may send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Responsibilities are listed below. For full details, click HERE.
- Greet visitors, log patients, and direct them through the SHIELD saliva testing process including collecting samples.
- Use dedicated software and equipment to track test samples.
- Work with partners to transport samples to associated labs, and occasionally transport samples to actual labs.
- Set-up, clean, maintain, adjust, and tear down the testing site setup, as needed.
- Dispose of properly labeled biohazardous materials, according to regulation.
- Follow legal requirements, provide safety information, and ensure compliance with standard testing procedures
- Assist in maintaining stock of consumable supplies.
- Ensure that the site and workplace remain a safe environment, including proper PPE, utilizing social distancing, and sanitation standards.
- Handle patient data as according to law.