Teacher Assistant (0-3 Infant/Toddler)
Company: Educare West DuPage
Type: Full Time
Educare West DuPage is seeking a Teacher Assistant to join their team. As part of the classroom educational team, and under the general direction of the School Director and direct supervision of the Lead Teacher (0-3 Infant/Toddler), the Teacher Assistant (0-3 Infant/Toddler) helps plan and participates in classroom, playground, and walking field trip activities. These activities are designed to enhance all areas of each child’s development. The Teacher Assistant (0-3 Infant/Toddler) will be held responsible for assisting with the implementing all programming requirements in adherence to all performance and outcomes standards as prescribed by the multiple funding and model requirements. Requirements:
- An Associate’s Degree in early childhood education, child development or a related field with a minimum of 9 semester hours in courses specifically in the care and education of children 0-5 years old.
- Have knowledge and experience with the basic principles of child development; and some knowledge of best practices of Infant and Toddler development and care.
- Must be willing to pursue coursework specific to infants and toddlers, adhering to program guidelines, as necessary.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Proof of a physical examination within the last six months, which includes a tuberculosis test, 1 dose of Tdap, 2 doses of MMR vaccine or is immune to MMR and comply with other background checks as required by the organization and/or Department of Child and Family Services (DCFS) licensing.
- Personal qualifications as required in Part 407: Licensing Standards for Day Care Centers, emotional maturity, willingness to cooperate with the aims of the program, respect for children and adults, flexibility, patience, good personal hygiene, and physical and mental health which does not interfere with responsibilities.