Supportive Housing Case Manager
Company: DuPage Pads
Category: Nonprofit, Social Work
Type: Full Time
DuPagePads is currently seeking qualified candidates to join their team as a Supportive Housing Case Manager. This position is responsible for providing advocacy, education, and referral services to program participants and engage collaboratively with community providers to achieve client goals.
Operates within the DuPagePads Core Values, which supports providing care in accordance with the Trauma Informed Policy and Practices of the Agency.
- Manages a case load of clients and provides skill training to meet clients’ assessed needs with the intention to transition clients to greater independence.
- Acts as client advocate to facilitate access to resources and services.
- Works collaboratively with providers to achieve client goals.
- Develops and maintains client goal plans, annual assessments, and completion or coordination of completion of other required forms.
- Acts as a liaison between community resources and clients.
- Performs documentation expectations with client contact/ monthly progress reports/ accurate confidential case files, and contractual paperwork.
- Maintains collaborative relationships with co-workers to effectively support clients.
- Provides housing support groups and workshops collaboratively with co-workers to help support participants goals.
- Maintains confidentiality of privileged information and adheres to client privacy laws; demonstrates sensitivity of other ethnic groups and cultures.
- Act as housing liaison between clients and landlords, collecting rents, attending to housing issues, coordinating moving of tenants in to and out of apartments.
- Participates in clients staffing’s/supervision and team meetings/ agency meetings and required trainings.
- Adheres to department guidelines for attendance and punctuality.
- Provides phone coverage and/or response on weekend days and overnights.