State Government Affairs Analyst
Company: American Academy of Pediatrics
Type: Full Time
Provide analysis, advocacy strategy, consultation, technical assistance, and develop and maintain electronic and print state advocacy resources for American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) chapters, Fellows, committees, councils, sections, task forces, and workgroups on state and federal health care programs, the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA), Medicaid, the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP), telehealth care, medical home projects, private insurance regulation, oral health, quality, and other state and federal child health financing, access, practice, and social service issues. Responsibilities:
- Review ongoing guidance of Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) and other federal and state agencies on related programs and laws, US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) grant opportunities, and new regulations for analysis and dissemination to AAP chapters.
- Monitor and track state legislation related to assigned issues.
- Provide necessary analysis of issues to internal and external stakeholders on state level telehealth care policies.
- Produce and disseminate advocacy materials on assigned issues in the form of advocacy strategy and guidance documents, e-updates, and other advocacy resources on assigned issues.
- Provide ongoing updates of AAP websites on assigned issues.
- Develop and maintain linkages on assigned issues with organizations such as the Council on State Governments (CSG), Federation of State Medical Boards (FSMB), National Academy for State Health Policy (NASHP), National Association of Insurance Commissioner (NAIC), National Conference of State Legislatures (NCSL), Georgetown Center for Children and Families (CCF), and other state and national policy, medical, and specialty groups.
- Collaborate with Department of Research on research into state-level practices related to Medicaid/CHIP, and other issues.
- Coordinate and work with other advocacy staff on planning logistics for AAP advocacy training conferences.
- Coordinate and work with other advocacy staff on activities related to National Conference of State Legislatures (NCSL) Annual Legislative Summit.
- Assist with staffing the Committee on State Government Affairs (COSGA).
- Serve as primary State Advocacy staff liaison to selected AAP committees, councils, sections, and task forces, and attend AAP meetings as necessary.