Sponsored Programs Administrator
Company: American Academy of Pediatrics
Category: Accounting and Finance, Management
Type: Full Time
The Sponsored Programs Administrator manages assigned sponsored programs (grants and other contracts) in liaison with program staff. Assist with preparation and review of applications, budgets, budget narratives, and expenditure reports to ensure pre- and post-award compliance with legal, reporting, and other sponsor requirements. Responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance with American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) policies, financial procedures, GAAP, and program regulations and reporting requirements on assigned sponsored programs (e.g., OMB Circulars, Uniform Guidance, FASB standards).
- Track deadlines and sponsor requirements and assist program staff with timely submissions of applications, progress and financial reports, prior approval requests, budget revisions, and other required filings.
- Conduct ongoing budget review meetings with program staff to ensure integrity of data, prioritize spending on programs with expiring funds, analyze variances and effectively manage the financial activities of assigned programs. Monitor proper charging of salary, cost sharing and other costs and allocations.
- Prepare journal entries, releases from restriction, invoices, electronic payment requests, account reconciliations and reports required for AAP monthly close and program reporting periods.
- Ensure procurements are competitive and comply with AAP Grant Procurement Policy and are properly documented on the SharePoint site.
- Advise staff on compliance and interpretation of sponsor regulations, policies, and procedures, as well as fiscal allowability.
- Assess subrecipients’ risk of non-compliance and determine monitoring requirements, submit required Transparency Act reports and execute the annual certification process.
- Maintain program account codes, budgets and other pertinent information in financial systems and required documentation on collaboration sites.
- Prepare workpapers and documentation for Federal Single Audit and Indirect Cost Proposal.
- Continuously evaluate sponsored program-related processes and systems to improve overall efficiencies and effectiveness of related activities and enhance end-user experiences.