Social Worker/Counselor 1 or 2
Company: Metropolitan Family Services
Category: Nonprofit, Social Work
Kankakee County, Woodridge
Type: Full Time
Metropolitan Family Services is hiring for a full-time Social Worker/Counselor I or II to join their Adoption Support and Preservation team serving Kankakee County. Essential job functions:
- Performs comprehensive, in-depth assessments for a variety of program services.
- Provides a full range of case management, counseling, advocacy educational and related services.
- Identifies and utilizes agency and community resources.
- Assesses community conditions affecting clients to identify resource gaps and problems.
- Recommends financial assistance for clients.
- Provides group services as indicated by program need.
- Represents and interprets programs of agency in community.
- Complies with agency record-keeping expectations
- Completes assessments and provides individual, family, and group therapy services.
- Provides specialized treatment services in the areas of attachment, grief, loss, and trauma.
- Assists the Adoption Support and Preservation team with groups and events for families with new adoptions.
- Evening hours are required.
- Main office out of Woodridge, IL.
- Meets agency expectation for quantity of direct service.
- Joins or develops groups and coalitions to address community needs.
- Works effectively with diverse staff and service population.