Company: Jel Sert
Type: Full Time
Jel Sert is seeking a Shipping Clerk to join their team. This position will prepare, verify and review all documentation such as summary sheets, pick sheets, various labels, and Bills of lading to ensure property picking, packing, and shipping of products while directing drivers accordingly at the distribution center service window. This is a 2nd shift position working 3:00 pm – 11:30 pm, Monday – Friday. Responsibilities:
- Accurately and expeditiously check-in drivers and assign dock doors as needed.
- Complete as much as or more volume on 1st shift versus other shifts.
- Give feedback to shift supervisor on loader performance in terms of productivity and quality.
- Review incoming orders for both accuracy and potential problems.
- Communicate with the traffic department any issues related to carriers, or loading trucks on time.
- Prepare required documents to ensure proper picking, packing, and shipping of all sales orders (summary sheets, pick sheets, various labels, and Bills of lading) .
- Ability to backup Warehouse Specialist position as needed.
- Ensure all paperwork has been filled out accurately and completely by truck drivers.
- Scheduling order shipments and tracking prompt delivery.
- Scheduling orders pickups with specified carriers and coordinate details with warehouse staff.
- Ability to work off shifts to provide vacation/personal time off coverage as needed.
- Exceed Turn Time Expectations on Loading.
- Scheduling order release and assisting with proper employee workflows.
- Investigating order problems/errors and shipping problems/errors.
- Reviewing all routing guides for relevant data.
- Creating proper logistics filing system, including carriers, routing, guides, and other appropriate vendors and data.
- Data entry of shipment data to prepare for sending ASN’s.