Senior Hardware Engineer
Category: Engineering / Drafting
Type: Full Time
Midtronics has an opening for the Senior Hardware Engineer position. As a vital member of the Platform Engineering team the Senior Hardware Engineer is responsible for all engineering activities on tester, charger, and electric vehicle battery management platforms. The team is responsible for the creation and maintenance of automotive battery and electrical system test equipment platforms. You will be responsible for:
- Electronics hardware design and development that delivers a high-quality, reliable, on-time product that meets our customers’ needs.
- Designing and troubleshooting micro-controllers and embedded mixed-signal systems at the component level.
- Performing schematic capture, working with layout resources, and performing board bring-up and development validation on designs.
- Initiating and participating in hardware/platform design reviews.
- Working closely with other departments (mechanical, software, production, etc) to support ongoing design tasks and projects.
- Working with Supply Chain and suppliers in component selection, approval and manufacturing.
- Understanding intended business use of the designs and developing solutions to meet business needs.
- Estimating work effort and performing to those estimations.
- Resolving technical questions and issues post-delivery.
- Maintaining and using hardware engineering standards.