Company: Packaging Personified Inc.
Type: Full Time
Packaging Personified has an opening for the Second Pressman position. This position assists the First Pressman in the set up and operating of Flexographic Printing Press to print designs and/or lettering on rolls of flexible plastic film by performing the following duties.
- Employee must not leave the press during the shift except for breaks, lunch or an emergency.
- Responsible for the timing of all inks.
- Responsible for hanging and preparing rolls on back of press while running current roll.
- While running current job prepare for next job by, gearing cylinders, cleaning pans, cutting cores to size and cleaning spare doctor chambers and installing new blades.
- Responsible for pulling all skids of finished materials across aisle to staging area.
- Responsible for cleaning all plates after set up, before production begins.
- Responsible for running press during First Pressman’s lunch and breaks.
- Responsible for accurately weighing and recording scrap.
- Empty all trash barrels and replace can liners.
- Responsible for keeping the surrounding area swept and free of debris.
- Responsible for cleaning all plates and putting away all gears and cylinders from finished jobs.
- Responsible for having press area completely organized at the end of each shift to insure a smooth shift change.
- Responsible for maintaining, labeling and handling of hazardous waste.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner so that you get along with clients, customers, vendors, co-workers and supervisors.