Safe Adults Advocate
Company: Metropolitan Family Services
Category: Social Work
Type: Full Time
Metropolitan Family Services is hiring for a full-time Safe Adult Advocate to join their team. Listed below are some of the job functions you will do for this role. Click on Apply Now to read on about the position.
- Provides crisis intervention, case management, advocacy services, referrals, and support services to adult clients over phone and in person. Provides services at different FSS locations as needed.
- Meets one-on-one with clients for triage appointments.
- Meets with individual clients for time-limited case management and DV support services.
- Accompaniment to limited outside appointments for support.
- Maintains a minimum of eight clients.
- Administers assessments and outcome tools at appropriate intervals.
- Create service plan in partnership with client and review regularly.
- Facilitates support and educational groups & workshops.
- Facilitates a minimum of two groups/workshops per week and maximum of three.
- Assists with client pre-group interviews and assessments.
- Provides outreach services to victims of domestic violence in DuPage County (e.g. attend health or school fairs, community presentations).
- Maintain & develop knowledge of community services and networks offering support services to clients.
- Assists with and/or coordinates special events for clients.
- May assists with translation of FSS materials into Spanish, and other documents as needed.
- May provide trainings and/or presentations regarding DV within the agency and in the community including sessions of the 48 hr Training.
- Participates in supervision and agency meetings.