Resident Support Specialist
Company: DuPage County Health Department
Type: Full Time
The DuPage County Health Department has a vacancy within its Residential Division for a Resident Support Specialist position. This position works Tuesday through Saturday, 7:00 am – 3:00 pm with one late day working from 11:00 AM until 7:00 PM. This position will serve adults with chronic, severe mental illnesses. Responsibilities:
- Serves as primary case manager for 10 clients, provides skill training to meet client’s assessed needs and to enable clients to live as independently as possible.
- Acts as client advocate to facilitate access to resources and services and works collaboratively with providers to achieve client goals and to aid clients in crisis situations.
- Develops and maintains client IM+CAN’s and completion or coordination of other required forms, and acts as liaison between healthcare resources and clients.
- Participates in client staffing and team meetings and maintains collaborative relationships with co-workers to effectively support clients.
- Demonstrates effective, independent judgment and discretion while making task-related decisions.
- Meets established productivity standards and completes accurate and timely documentation of services provided to clients.