Company: The Morton Arboretum
Category: Nonprofit, Office and Administration
Type: Full Time
The Morton Arboretum is seeking a Registrar to join their team to process registrations for classes and other programs, camps, and school field trips. Coordinate schedules for school and group programs. Process fees and credit card transactions related to paid enrollments, and help resolve registrants’ questions regarding program format and attendance. Record grades and maintain records for certificate programs, and report on current enrollment status as well as historical trends. Essential Functions:
- Fulfill all registrations (telephone/mail/fax/online, on-site, and through internal referrals) for classes and other programs, camps, and school field trips offered through the Arboretum Education Program in a welcoming, courteous, and articulate manner. Communicate with registrants, instructors, and department staff regarding cancelled classes, waiting lists, and changes in class location information.
- Demonstrate familiarity with education program offerings and Arboretum events in order to assist external and internal audiences with their broad interests and questions about the Arboretum.
- Set up classes and payments in registration databases in close coordination with Education program staff.
- Act as a liaison with Visitor Services. Provide a weekly status report for weekday and weekend registration, and manage and enter course registrations taken via any other format. Train Visitor Services and other staff on registration software and procedures as necessary.
- Execute daily financial bookkeeping operations in collaboration with the Business Office to reconcile revenues and costs, issue deposit reports (cash, checks, and credit card), reconcile accounts, and allocate income to Education subprograms.
- Collaborate with Arboretum staff to communicate with tour group representatives about visits (types of tours, dates, guides, fees, and reservation process), book and coordinate these reservations (confirmations, scheduling, billing and payments collection, etc.), and track and record information into databases.
- Communicate with Arboretum staff to coordinate group visits and maintain up to date information, issue a weekly schedule to appropriate departments, and develop and distribute school program guide calendar each season.
- Serve as Education’s liaison with IT to develop appropriate data structure and input protocols for registration database, troubleshoot as necessary, partner to develop and validate self-service reports for program management, and maintain complete and accurate records in all required data fields.