R & D Specialist I
Company: Now Health Group
Type: Full Time
Revises formulations and/or reformulations to improve the manufacturability of products in a timely manner to meet company standards for product quality, production efficiency, and profitability by performing the following duties. This position works in all areas of NOW’s manufacturing facilities with direct exposure to ingredients (powders and liquids), mixes (powders and liquids), equipment, and packaging. Full details about the position, click HERE. To apply: Text to Apply – NOWFoods 25000; Call 630-800-6400; or www.nowfoods.com/careers. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Formulates and/or re-formulates existing products with the simplest and most cost-effective formulations that can be manufactured efficiently based on the priorities of meeting profitability objectives, company deadlines, operating budget responsibilities, and company goals.
- Supports manufacturing by providing technical troubleshooting in situations where corrective action is required to increase efficiencies, rectifies product deviations, resolves quality problems, and works out production difficulties.
- Coordinates, develops and evaluates existing formulas to ensure that they are compliant with NOW specifications.
- Inputs information into Oracle in the form of bill of materials, specifications, and manufacturing instructions.
- Works directly with Pilot Plant equipment as needed for product trials, production troubleshooting, and other related activities assigned.
- Completes and evaluates product approval packages for final review by appropriate managers.
- Performs tests on new and existing raw materials in order to provide information needed to determine whether to accept or reject based on parameters set forth by manufacturing capabilities.
- Reviews manufacturing processes, determining where improvements could be implemented in terms of product quality to contribute towards the success of the company.
- Follows all company requirements related to standard operating procedures and change control procedures.
- Complies with safety and GMP requirements.