Program Manager, Adolescent Sexual Health Initiatives
Company: American Academy of Pediatrics
Category: Healthcare, Management
Type: Full Time
Adolescent Sexual Health Initiatives Program Coordinator manages the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) “Building Capacity for School Sexual Health Services through Training, Education, Assistance, Mentoring, and Support (TEAMS)” project funded by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), including the planning, implementation and monitoring of project activities. Responsibilities:
- Provide primary staff support for the TEAMS project, working closely with and managing the activities of the Project Advisory Committee (PAC) and key consultants. Plan and execute meetings, prepare meeting reports, and monitor progress on all committee deliverables. Conduct project staff team meetings, and track and report progress on staff-led deliverables.
- Design, implement and evaluate capacity-building assistance, to include training, quality improvement, resource development/adaptation, and technical assistance.
- Serve as the primary point of contact with CDC-funded local education agencies, providing capacity-building assistance and other support to enhance their ability to address adolescent sexual health services. Coordinate with other funded non-governmental organizations providing support to funded local education agencies.
- Collaborate with consultant and project staff to update the TEAMS website and oversee ongoing maintenance of the site.
- Lead the production of program and promotional materials (eg, training tools, team resources newsletter articles, electronic mailings).
- Collaborate with consultant to plan and implement project evaluation and manage the analysis and dissemination of results.
- Collaborate with consultant on overall design and implementation of learning collaborative.
- Monitor project operating budget, including providing monthly financial reports to supervisors. Make recommendations on needed budgetary and/or programmatic adjustments to AAP leadership and PAC. Prepare and oversee implementation of project consulting agreements/contracts.
- Serve as primary project contact person with grant agency, preparing and submitting all required program reports and attending project meetings as required.