Company: PRC - Peoples Resource Center
Type: Full Time
PRC is hiring a Job Assistance Program Coordinator to work 40 hours/week to coordinate the activities of the Job Assistance Program that result in improved delivery of service and are consistent with program goals and strategies. The Job Assistance program helps unemployed residents of DuPage County find and keep a job by providing workshops and one-on-one job search coaching. The Coordinator works with over 20 volunteer job coaches under the leadership of the Director of Jobs Assistance Program. The Coordinator’s primary office will be
located in Wheaton (201 S. Naperville Rd) and will travel to local sites as needed. Candidate must have a valid driver’s license, access to a vehicle, and be able to work some evening and weekends when necessary. Essential functions are listed below. For full details and instructions how to apply, click HERE.
- Contribute to program conception, design, and functionality.
- Create, coordinate, provide and/or supervise trainings, workshops, and departmental communication for job assistance clients.
- Assist in developing, maintaining and communicating training and development materials for clients and volunteer job coaches to ensure an effective and progressive job assistance program.
- Train volunteer job coaches on database functions and use that to support program goals.
- Monitor, evaluate and coach volunteers in methods to improve their coaching effectiveness.
- Maintain and utilize an effective and accurate computerized system of data for the job assistance program.
- In collaboration with the Job Assistance Program Director, assist in maintaining positive relationships and partnerships with community organizations.
- Ensure complete screening, registration, and access to services for clients seeking job assistance in collaboration with volunteer coaches.
- Provide referrals as needed to PRC social services and community resources.
- In collaboration with the Director of Job Assistance, create, plan, and implement PRC Career Fair(s).