Production Scheduler & Planner
Company: FIC America Corporation
Type: Full Time
FIC America Corp. is in search of a Production Scheduler & Planner (PC Specialist) to assist in all functions of their production planning and scheduling. The Production Scheduler & Planner will work to coordinate their manufacturing schedules and will monitor inventories to ensure the efficient and effective operation of their production control department. The Production Scheduler & Planner will also work with closely with their logistics department to coordinate the output of their production lines ensuring that their products are produced on time for distribution to their customers. Responsibilities:
- Serves as a central point of contact for production, planning and logistics departments.
- Collaborates with these departments to coordinate schedules and plans to ensure the efficient and effective operation of our production and manufacturing.
- Works in support with planning, logistics and manufacturing departments to optimize production line sequencing to reduce production changeovers, increase efficiencies, minimize downtime, and maximize output.
- Compares current and anticipated orders with available inventory, and works with stakeholder departments to ensure that sufficient material is available as needed to support our production.
- Coordinates availability of raw materials, component supplies, equipment, and staff as needed to meet production and delivery dates.
- Revises schedules as needed and alerts appropriate staff of schedule changes or delays.
- Supports internal forecasting and production scheduling with related departments: sales, purchasing, planning, production, logistics and customer service.
- Works on opportunities to make our processes more efficient and to reduce production costs through more effective scheduling.