Company: Griffin Greenhouse Supplies
Category: Analyst, Sales
Type: Full Time
Griffin Greenhouse Supplies is seeking a Product Specialist to join their team. Under direct supervision from the Business Manager of Plugs or Plants, the Product Specialist position is responsible for managing the workflow, commercial support activities and supplier management activities of the assigned product lines and vendors. Product Specialist may be called upon from time to time to cross-train and perform the duties of the various team members. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate price page updates of new vendor offerings.
- Develop customer quotes using Excel and Prelude.
- Create product pricing from vendor offerings to maximize profitability.
- Negotiate with vendors for the best costs for standard and custom orders.
- Review sales history to assist sales representatives in capturing un-booked business.
- Develop gross margin reports to ensure maximum profitability and take appropriate actions when reports indicate that profitability does not meet company standards.
- Analyze current and potential product lines to determine their fit with current market trends and Griffin interests.
- Meet with suppliers to exchange ideas on how to enhance profitable sales.
- Assist in the development of business plans for assigned product lines.
- In conjunction with Marketing, develop programs for the promotion of assigned product lines.
- Create sales tools, education tools, training events and coordinate with Griffin Sales Management.
- Communicate any open issues and make recommendations for problem resolution with the Business Manager.