Company: Village of Glen Ellyn
Category: Government, Office and Administration
Type: Full Time
The Village of Glen Ellyn is seeking qualified candidates for the full-time position of Payroll Specialist. The job duties of the Payroll Specialist include, but are not limited to, performing payroll processing, health and liability insurance processing, basic accounting, and related administrative support functions. Primary responsibilities include:
- Prepare bi-weekly payrolls for the Village and Glenbard Wastewater Authority. Prepare all payroll related reports including employment tax returns, vendor payments and year-end tax documents.
- Prepare monthly payroll for the Glen Ellyn Police Pension Fund. Prepare all payroll related reports including employment tax returns, vendor payments, and year-end tax documents.
- Assist with filings and reporting for the Village’s Police Pension Fund.
- Manage and maintain payroll and accounting clerical records, and drafts various written correspondence.
- Assist Human Resources with open enrollment for health insurance and other plans, including retiree health insurance.
- Prepares and oversees Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF) enrollment and reporting.
- Prepares and maintains documents associated with the Affordable Care Act, including frequent department and executive reports as well as annual filings.