Parts Room Attendant
Company: Rana Meal Solutions
Category: Maintenance, Office and Administration
Type: Full Time
Rana Meal Solutions is seeking a Parts Room Attendant/Maintenance Assistant to provide support to the maintenance and all other departmental teams through the effective and efficient identification, sourcing and purchasing of parts and equipment to maintain manufacturing operations. This support position is considered to be a key role in the maintenance department. The role has the responsibility of improving the department’s effectiveness by improving the parts rooms overall structure, being able to implement procedures and processing to streamline the department operations to maintain the correct inventory of parts needed to reduce production downtime. Additionally, this role will be required to assist the maintenance department in completing facility equipment and systems PM’s and assigned Work Orders. Responsibilities:
- Utilize current maintenance department computer based management system to develop and maintain the required parts and equipment inventory to reduce equipment and system failures.
- Improve current system data by pro-actively reviewing current system entry data to insure accuracy, correcting errors, organizing and streamlining the parts ordering, receiving and inventory control processes through the development of processes and procedures.
- Identify and work with suppliers to source and supply the highest quality and lowest cost parts and equipment to maintain manufacturing operations. Maintaining vendor relationships identifying new vendors and being able to negotiate
- Independently and Pro-actively maintain open lines of communication with co-workers both departmentally and interdepartmentally to review all equipment parts requirements to insure that the correct parts, materials and equipment are stocked at the correct levels to meet financial objectives.
- Insure that the part, material and equipment ordering, receiving, stocking, distribution and tracking processes are followed and maintained.
- Conduct periodic cycle counts and physical inventories.
- Identify slow moving or obsolete inventory and advise disposition.
- Ability to be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs on a regular basis.