Parent Child Educator (Bilingual)
Company: Metropolitan Family Services
Category: Social Work
Type: Full Time
Metropolitan Family Services is seeking a Bilingual Parent Child Educator to join their team. Some main job functions are the following below. Click on Apply Now to read more about the responsibilities and to apply.
- Provides services, appropriate to client population, to maximize client potential and promote their optimal functioning in the community.
- Responsible for conducting weekly ninety minute home visits with each client. Caseload will consist of fourteen families with children ages 3-5.
- Deliver health, educational, nutritional and child growth and development information to parents via weekly meetings in the home.
- Responsible for planning and facilitating bi-monthly socialization groups with all clients.
- Work alongside the parents to ensure that prenatal, well-child exams, immunizations, health screenings, and nutrition assessments are complete and necessary follow up occurs.
- Provide support in parent and child activities that encourages developmentally appropriate activities for the changing needs of children.
- Participate in regularly scheduled team meetings to plan for and deliver collaborative services across all components.
- Collaborate with each family to set goals with the parents as part of the Family Partnership Agreement process.
- Assess individual needs, attending to special needs, specific interests, strengths and concerns.
- Participate in required parent/teacher conferences and home visits.
- Plan and conduct regular socializations and parent meetings with team members.
- Works in office, client home, and community based settings.