Company: Pregis LLC
Type: Full Time
The Machine Operator will be responsible for performing various tasks to set up, operate, monitor, troubleshoot and perform preventive maintenance on assigned machines. The Machine Operator will also be responsible for inspecting parts to specifications and making adjustments, or tool changes as necessary to maintain quality specifications. Sets up and operates a production machine in accordance with established procedures and guidelines. Reads and interprets blueprints and diagrams to select, position and secure machinery. Adjusts machine settings to complete tasks accurately, according to specifications and in a timely fashion. Essential Duties:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-speed environment, follow standardized work and adhere to safe work practices in a continuous improvement environment.
- Perform necessary pre-operation activities to ensure proper equipment startup and operation on multiple pieces of equipment.
- Operate/monitor multiple pieces of equipment during operation to ensure quality production and minimal unplanned stops.
- Communicate with team members and support teams to ensure continuous production of the correct product at high quality levels with minimal wasted time and material.
- Inspect product looking out for defects, for reprocessing and repair along with wrapping, and attaching stickers, plastic or identity tags of product.
- Perform general housekeeping of floors, machinery, and other areas as needed.