Company: Pitney Bowes
Category: Management, Warehousing
Elk Grove Village
Type: Full Time
Pitney Bowes is seeking a driven leader who will have responsibility to effectively manage, oversee and control all operational and associate activities within the warehouse including Receiving, Sorting, Processing, Shipping, Inventory Control and Quality Controls as well as ensuring on time delivery. The Supervisor will lead a team of 25 – 50 f/t and p/t hourly employees and will be responsible for ensuring the proper implementation and enforcement of policies, holding a high standard of safety and the continuous training of leads and associates in the warehouse. You will:
- Be responsible for the timely processing of all department activity including productivity, accuracy, and day end reports.
- Work closely with the Site Manager to control costs within the DC – labor, supplies, and inventory shrinkage.
- Be responsible for accurate employee records including daily time clock monitoring, discipline notification and attendance reports.
- Be able to work a flexible schedule which may mean extended hours as the work load demands.
- Manage the work flow to ensure the daily activities/demand related to the assigned department is met as expected.
- Manage, coach, train and counsel department employees.
- Conduct daily shift start-up meetings discussing the previous day’s performance, reviewing the expected workload for the day.
- Ensure a safe work environment by: observing and coaching employees; addressing potential safety hazards; maintaining a clean work area; monitoring condition of all equipment and ordering repairs; and participating as a permanent member of the Safety Committee.