Nursing Unit Manager, RN
Company: Covenant Living at Windsor Park
Type: Full Time
Covenant Living is seeking qualified candidates for Nurse Managers, RN to help in fulfilling their common purpose: to create joy and peace of mind for their residents and their families by creating a better way of life. Position is available in skilled nursing. General work hours are 3 pm to 11 pm, Monday, Wednesday – Friday, and 7 am to 3:30 pm on Tuesdays, with ability to flex as needed to work during occasional mornings and weekend. As a Nurse Manager, RN, you will:
- Supervise professional and non-professional nursing staff. Ensure quality of care by making rounds to determine effectiveness of care, resident satisfaction, and compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Manage the overall functioning of the building for assigned shift.
- Reviews potential admissions to facility, including medication verification.
- Perform chart audits and oversees care plans and triple checks with MDS Coordinator.
- Provide explanation of nursing policies and procedures and assistance to staff to ensure ongoing understanding and training.
- Support the Restorative and Wound Care programs. Round with wound care doctor on Tuesdays, document and follow up on items identified.
- With Director of Nursing, participate in evaluation, discipline, coaching and motivation of staff.
- Communicate on regular basis with Director of Nursing and/or administration regarding observations and suggestions of problem areas, resident and employee activities, concerns, needs, etc.
- Provide explanation of nursing care to residents and families according to procedures. Provide instructions relating to medical care as appropriate.
- Administer direct and/or emergency care when necessary. Respond to emergency needs of residents. Contact emergency medical services for assistance when required.
- Handle special projects as assigned by DON or ADON.
- Assign work areas and relocate staff as needed to assure high quality of nursing care and completion of tasks.
- Assist in orientation of new nursing personnel and reinforce training standards to maintain high quality of care.
- Assure the functional and sanitary maintenance of the nursing units and equipment. Report routine and emergency maintenance needs according to established procedures.
- Assure the safety and security of patients through the proper use of equipment, safety devices, and by knowing and following fire, safety and disaster procedures.
- Communicate with other department supervisors, physicians, consultants, staff, residents, and families to coordinate care of residents.