Mechanic – Electric Motors
Company: Dreisilker Electric Motors
Type: Full Time
Dreisilker Electric Motors is seeking a Mechanic to repair electric motors, pumps, gear boxes, generators, and related electro/mechanical devices and equipment by performing the following duties:
- Observes mechanical devices in operation and listens to their sounds to locate causes of trouble.
- Diagnose failure modes & recommend corrections.
- Dismantles and removes armature, stator, or rotor from housing to gain access to and remove defective parts.
- Examines coil connections to detect imperfections.
- Tests coils, armatures, stators, rotors, and field coils for continuity, shorts, and grounds and insulation resistance.
- Examines bearings, shafts, and other moving parts for excessive wear or defects.
- Cleans, polishes and resurfaces parts, commutators and machine parts to specified tolerances.
- Assembles and tests motors for specified performance.
- Performs alignment of parts, shafts, gears and others during and after assembly.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts.
- Installs special functional and structural parts in devices.
- Lubricates and cleans parts.
- Starts devices to test their performance.
- Performs service calls when requested.