Manager on Duty – Courts Plus
Company: Elmhurst Park District
Type: Part Time
The Elmhurst Park District has an opening at the Courts Plus facility for the Manager on Duty position. This position is to supervise the daily operations of Courts Plus when no full-time Manager is available. This would be for an early morning people person. The organization values being community focused, providing customer service excellence, working with integrity, and having fun. Membership is included with this position. Job Responsibilities:
- Oversee opening and closing of facility, including walk through and club checks based on daily, weekly and monthly checklists.
- Oversee staff in all departments, finding substitutes or filling in where necessary.
- Oversee all paperwork and transactions made on shift.
- Handle emergency situations as they occur.
- Assist supervisor with training service desk staff and registration staff.
- Assist supervisor in evaluating staff with whom one regularly works.
- Attend staff meetings, as required.
- Encourage and demonstrate safe work habits through use of the established safety program guidelines, including maintaining CPR/AED certification.
- Complete necessary forms for accidents and incidents.
- Adhere to and enforce staff compliance with organizational, departmental and divisional policies and procedures, and the strategic plan.
- Represent District positively and ethically to patrons, guests and staff.
- Develop and maintain effective internal and external oral, written and electronic communications including responding to phone calls, emails, comments and suggestions on a timely manner.
- Be at work station, ready for District defined duties at required times and be available for overtime if required.