Maintenance Technician with PLC – 2nd Shift
Company: Abrasive Form
Type: Full Time
Abrasive Form has an opening for the Maintenance Tech. position. The Maintenance Technician has critical areas of responsibility that installs, maintains and repairs machinery, equipment, building and electric systems, following specifications, manuals, schematic drawings and established procedures, using hand tools, and other necessary equipment. A successful candidate will be a self-starter, committed to safety for self and the team, hungry to learn and make improvement, a high standard for quality and process compliance, and a team player. Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot PLC and controllers for Fanuc and Fagor.
- Troubleshoot AC and DC drives and servos.
- Troubleshoot issues with relay, cabinet, sensor, switches, etc.
- Troubleshoot motor controls, drives, and motors.
- Repairs equipment as problems are identified by management and operators, some which are urgent.
- Work seamlessly and collaboratively with maintenance department and operations team members.
- Observes and listens to operating machines or equipment to diagnose machine malfunction and determine need for repair or adjustment.
- Dismantles machine or equipment when necessary using hand tools or power tools to examine parts for defect or to remove the defective part.
- Replaces defective parts with a new part or repairs or reproduces from various kinds of metal, using necessary tools.
- Removes and assembles motors, bearings, shafts, gears, pumps, and coolant system parts.
- Maintains all machines and equipment following the preventative maintenance schedule.
- Cleans, maintains and lubricates machines and equipment.
- Repairs and maintains the buildings.
- Maintains an orderly storage and work area.
- Must be flexible to work weekends and extended hours as needed.