Maintenance Technician, Refurb
Company: Covenant Living at Windsor Park
Type: Full Time
Covenant Living at Windsor Park is seeking a Maintenance Technician, Skilled Refurb. This position will be responsible for providing skilled – HVAC maintenance services to keep the facility buildings, grounds, and equipment in good repair. In so doing, significant contributions are made to the safety, well-being and comfort of residents and employees. In this role, the Maintenance Technician, Refurbishing, will:
- Perform preventative maintenance, operate, maintain and repair HVAC equipment such as boilers, chillers, pumps, campus split systems, mini-splits, ptacs, air handler units and cooling towers.
- Ensure that all equipment is working properly and in compliance with established departmental service and maintenance standards.
- Read and interpret data from a computerized HVAC/energy management system, charts, gauges, dials, thermostats; makes adjustments or repairs to appropriate equipment and instruments.
- Repair and install HVAC electrical and pneumatic components such as motors, compressors and heat pumps.
- Works closely with the Refurb Supervisor to facilitate refurb and repair of apartments & townhomes, along with contractors, so they are move-in ready by deadlines.
- Complete assigned work requests and assigned preventative maintenance work orders as assigned by supervisor such as, but not limited to carpentry, appliance repair, plumbing, electrical, emergency generators, low voltage applications, auto/small engine mechanics, fire alarms, valves, fixtures, and locks in accordance with Covenant Living procedures and industry acceptable standards.
- Prolonged standing, walking, bending and stooping; lifting and carrying heavy objects on level surfaces and/or stairways, on ladders and on scaffolding up to 20’ high.
- Inspect facilities, systems and their components for the purpose of ensuring safety and cleanliness, and identifying necessary repairs.
- Use a variety of hand tools and small power tools and other power tools.
- Maintain tools and/or equipment for ensuring the availability of equipment in safe operating condition.
- Require general labor and responsibility for special event set-ups, deliveries and moves.
- Basic understanding and care of building systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot building and equipment issues as they arise.
- Willingness to learn and expand trade knowledge of maintenance and facilities.
- Availability to be included in the on-call schedule.