Literacy Coordinator (Bilingual English/Spanish)
Company: PRC - Peoples Resource Center
Type: Full Time
PRC is hiring a Bilingual Literacy Coordinator to coordinate the delivery of Literacy Services at PRC sites and partner sites according to program procedures and guidelines. The Literacy program provides Adult Basic Education, ESL, high school equivalency, and American citizenship services. The Literacy Coordinator is part of the Adult Learning and Literacy (ALL) team supervised by the Director of ALL. The Literacy Coordinator’s primary office will be located in Wheaton (201 S. Naperville Road) and traveling to local sites will be required. Candidate must be Bilingual English/Spanish, have a valid Illinois driver’s license, access to a vehicle, be able to lift 25 lbs., and be able to work some evening and weekends when necessary. Responsibilities:
- Participate in design, improvement and management of Literacy programming.
- Coordinate client assessment process to ensure high level of accuracy, integrity, quality, and security.
- Assist ALL Director with interviewing, selecting, training and orienting New Literacy Program volunteers.
- Schedule, support, recognize and supervise Literacy Program volunteers.
- Manage the matching process between Literacy students and volunteers.
- Maintain student learning-centered curriculum and tutor training materials and order approved instructional materials – placing order, managing invoicing, receipt and tracking.
- Receive and track Literacy Service inquiries (in person, phone, email, and voicemail):
a. Respond to inquiries according to program guidelines, and make appropriate referrals.
b. Distribute PRC program information to clients and volunteers.
- Assist in creating and disseminating specific literacy information to increase enrollment of services.
- Build positive relationships with appropriate PRC staff members, volunteers, and community organizations to maintain high levels of program enrollment.