Interim Housing Caseworker
Company: DuPage Pads
Category: Nonprofit, Social Work
Type: Full Time, Part Time
DuPagePads is currently hiring for an Interim Housing Caseworker. DuPagePads is committed to ending homelessness in DuPage County. Their solution to ending homelessness is housing coupled with supportive services and employment. Be part of the Solution – become a case worker and help clients become self-sufficient. Requirements: A minimum bachelor’s degree in social work preferred, or equivalent work experience; strong customer service focus; CADC or CARS certification preferred; experience in issues related to homelessness or mental health/substance abuse preferred. Be on call during times the assigned scheduled interim housing site is open; provide own transportation. Responsibilities: (to be performed with or without reasonable accommodation):
- Operates within the DuPagePads Core Values, which supports providing care in accordance with the Trauma Informed Policy and Practices of the Agency.
- Provide screening and intake of program participants who use the Interim Housing system.
- Provide appropriate referrals to the Client Service Center.
- Engage with program participants to build relationships to help move them to the next level of service.
- Document and report any hospital calls or emergencies to the Interim Housing Director.
- Engage with program volunteers to insure overnight site operations.
- Provide education and advocacy on behalf of agency programs, services, and clients with volunteers at Interim Housing sites.
- Provide required program forms and information to the Interim Housing Director and/or office staff according to expected deadlines.
- Attend and actively participate in all required meetings.