Human Resources Manager
Company: Village of Glen Ellyn
Category: Government, Human Resources
Type: Full Time
The Village of Glen Ellyn has an opening for the Human Resources Manager position. The Human Resources Manager is responsible for planning, directing, implementing and monitoring a variety of human resources programs including but not limited to: recruitment and selection, employee relations, benefit and compensation administration, performance evaluation and development, workers compensation, safety administration, employee wellness, training and collective bargaining. Work requires the exercise of considerable judgment, initiative, integrity and discretion. Some essential functions are:
- Directs, supervises, motivates and develops the Human Resource Generalist position.
- Serves as a resource to departments on policy interpretation and assists them with personnel practices, performance and disciplinary issues. Strives for consistent application of employee programs between and within departments.
- Oversees recruitment and selection activities.
- Ensures all employment practices and procedures are consistent with applicable Federal and State laws.
- Administers the Village’s compensation systems. Monitors trends in the labor market to ensure compensation remains competitive. Conducts an annual salary analysis of comparable employers and recommends modifications as appropriate.
- Prepares annual human resources budget and overall personnel budget for the organization.
- Oversees the administration of provided Village benefits. Monitors the cost impact of the various health plans. Serves as the Villages delegate to IPBC.
- Communicates and educates employees on benefit programs, safety, wellness and other personnel policy information.
- Establishes and facilitates employee training programs across departments. Conducts annual customer service training and sexual harassment training for all employees. Establishes and administers a training program for all supervisory employees