Human Resources Coordinator
Company: Jel Sert
Category: Human Resources
Type: Full Time
Jel Sert has an opening for the Human Resources Coordinator position. The HR Coordinator will be responsible for recruiting efforts within the manufacturing and warehouse operations while serving as a formal contact between plant employees and the Plant Human Resources Department. Essential duties and responsibilities are the following:
- Responsible for recruiting efforts within the manufacturing environment by partnering with and maintaining relationships with both internal and external clients to ensure staffing goals are achieved.
- Ensure job descriptions are accurate and posted according to company procedures.
- Develop a pool of qualified candidates in advance of needs.
- Screen submissions of interest, applications, and/or resumes.
- Conduct phone screens and interviews with candidates meeting the minimum job requirements.
- Administer appropriate skills assessment tests.
- Make hiring recommendations to department managers.
- Communicate employer information and benefits during screening/interview process.
- Stay current with the company’s organization structure, personnel policy, and federal and state laws regarding employment practices.
- Serve as a liaison with area employment agencies and industry associations.
- Complete timely reports on employment activity.
- Prepare and send out communication to applicants.
- Process new hire applications and paperwork.
- Arrange for pre-employment drug and physical & functional screens.
- Administer new hire orientation.
- Coordinate recall and layoff process based upon staffing needs.
- Respond to basic employee inquiries, enforce policies and procedures and escalate any potential employee relations issues to the Plant HR Manager.
- Data entry and filing to include: discipline, separations, wage increases, job transfers, new hires, layoffs, recalls, etc.
- Develop and maintain employee communications to ensure employees are aware of events or opportunities available as an employee of the company.
- Assist Plant HR Manager and Plant HR Generalist with various employee matters as needed.
- Assist the Safety Coordinator as needed.
- Other administrative duties, support, and special projects as assigned.