Global Institutional Licensing Manager
Company: American Academy of Pediatrics
Category: Healthcare, Management, Sales
Type: Full Time
American Academy of Pediatrics is seeking a Global Institutional Licensing Manager to develop, manage, and execute global sales and licensing strategies of American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) content to maximize distribution and revenue to meet and exceed annual budget projections. Manage and execute all licensing sales activities for institutions and groups associated with generating revenue for digital and print content. Duties and responsibilities:
- Develop and execute strategic plans to acquire new accounts, build sales in existing accounts, and expand distribution of AAP content in institutional licensing market to maximize revenue.
- Oversee development and management of relationships with institutional customers, consortia partners, and domestic and international agents.
- Manage and support account base for key customers to maintain and grow licensing revenue.
- Supervise and mentor assigned staff. Encourage a work environment that promotes inclusion and belonging of all staff. Support ongoing staff development, help set objectives, and evaluate performance, and promote and enhance staff capacity in skills necessary to achieve goals. Ensure staff operate in a fiscally prudent manner, maintain confidentiality, and operate with the highest ethical standards.
- Establish sales goals and revenue targets for institutional sales team to ensure that revenue expectations are met or exceeded.
- Manage and execute pricing strategy and annual licensing pricing review. Establish and monitor complex pricing structures based on market intelligence. Oversee negotiation of site license agreements with customers and representation or distribution agreements with business partners.
- Prepare annual budget recommendations for assigned products in consultation with Director, Sales. Prepare ongoing sales and forecasting reports and conduct monthly variance review for distribution to management team.
- Utilize CRM to track activities and conduct sales analysis that identify gaps in distribution and growth opportunities. Oversee the maintenance of licensing contracts and records. Establish and oversee process for license processing.
- Collaborate with Marketing staff in the development of institutional marketing strategies, targeted marketing campaigns, and coordinated marketing materials for exhibits and sales agents worldwide.
- Collaborate with Member and Customer Care and Circulation staff to review key renewals and guide customer support.