Global Child Health Programs Specialist
Company: American Academy of Pediatrics
Category: Education, Healthcare, Office and Administration
Type: Full Time
The Global Child Health Programs Specialist will manage and implement assigned American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) life support and global newborn, child, and maternal health projects, including providing and overseeing technical assistance and support. Responsibilities:
- Work with AAP global health and clinical skills programs staff and project technical advisors to develop content for trainings, workshops, and other project deliverables, including conducting literature reviews, editing and drafting technical content, contributing to manuscript development, developing collaboration websites, and developing survey and evaluation tools.
- Support technical activities for the USAID ACCESS Project and AAP’s new DRIVE Network.
- Synthesize project learnings and successes from assigned projects and draft project reports and dissemination materials to share AAP activities with funder and global audiences (eg, case studies, curricula, briefers) and AAP external facing web sites and social media accounts.
- Manage the regulatory and contract development, review, and execution process for assigned projects. Track grant requirements and subcontracts to ensure key deliverables, reports, and payments are met.
- Manage any IRB submissions and renewals and provide IRB support across assigned projects and partners. Support data collection and coordination with partners as needed.
- Implement and oversee new technologies to advance the AAP approach to global technical assistance (eg. telementoring, simulation trainings).
- Act as primary liaison for assigned global coalitions, listservs, and memberships. Represent global health team on global partner teleconferences, provide updates to global health team and track follow-up action items.
- Coordinate assigned steering committees, subcommittees, and project advisory groups. Plan and facilitate meetings of these groups.
- Respond to key partner and member inquiries related to assigned global health team projects. Escalate matters to other staff as needed. Track, monitor, and follow-up on key partnership requests.
- Work with other team members, including relevant AAP Section staff, to support and integrate global health and clinical skills programmatic activities including section education activities including at the National Conference.