Forklift Operator (2nd Shift)
Company: Danco Converting
Category: Manufacturing, Warehousing
Type: Full Time
Danco Converting in Carol Stream is hiring for a Forklift Operator. The individual’s main job function is to operate an electric, diesel, propane, or gasoline engine powered forklift truck to transport materials on shop floor in accordance with work order tickets or verbal instruction from, Supervisors and or management, and to load and unload trucks with materials or product. The Forklift Operator will also provide support to the supply chain and production lines through collecting, loading, shipping and receiving warehouse products. Other types of equipment include: Electric Jack, Strapping tools, hammers, pry bars, and other miscellaneous hand tools. The right candidate will lead his job with a strong safety mindset including but not limited to:
- Ensuring that all company safety procedures are followed to include OSHA compliance guidelines.
- Maintaining a clean, orderly, and safe work environment.
- Abiding by all company rules and policies regarding conduct and safety.
- Complying with safety regulations governing the operation of the equipment. Conducts operations and model behavior that promotes a safe environment. This includes looking in the direction of travel, wearing required PPE, wearing a seat belt, driving at appropriate speeds, and appropriate use of horns.
- Identifying safety hazards in the workplace.
- Receives instructions/schedules from Shipping Admin, Supervisor and or other Management.
- Assists production lines with infeed and outfeed of materials and finish goods.
- Performs daily inspections on the forklift in use to determine the need for repairs that may include checking horns, lights, safety belt, fuel, oil, lubricants, cooling system, and motor tune-up.
- Reports truck malfunctions to maintenance and/or supervisor.
- Keep updated records of inventory and activity logs.
- Performs cycle counts as required.
- Receives and interprets picking tickets and product orders to determine items to be moved, gathered or distributed and/or shipped.
- Moves materials and items from receiving and storage areas to other designated areas.
- Maintains and rotates inventory of stock products
- Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves.
- Ensures customers receive products in accordance with the order, packing and delivery requirements.
- Maintains efficient and effective production standards.
- Performs all other duties as assigned that support the overall objective of the position.
- Always demonstrates a 3-point stance mount and dismount when getting on and off a forklift.
- Adhere to quality and customer service standards set forth by the company
- Perform quality checks on inbound goods
- Unload and load trucks in shipping and receiving as required, securing all loads with strapping as applicable.
- Picks up loads on pallets, using care to position loads on forks to ensure safe transportation.
- Positions loads on the floor in accordance with staging areas.
- Utilizes barcode scanners and Warehouse Management Systems as required
- Use wireless RF scanning equipment to ensure accuracy of inventory
- Move product either by using the forklift or by hand
- Weigh goods and record the weight in a log sheet