Fitness, Wellness Coordinator
Company: Covenant Living at Windsor Park
Category: Health and Wellness
Type: Full Time
Covenant Living at Windsor Park is seeking a Full Time Fitness Coordinator. The purpose of this position is to originate, direct and coordinate all special and ongoing fitness/physical wellness programs under the direction of the resident services director in accordance with established policies and procedures. The coordinator will represent the campus in promoting a comprehensive wellness program that is consistent with the principles of LifeConnect, addresses all dimensions of wellness and encourages a commitment to optimizing the health and well-being of all residents and staff. In this role, the Fitness, Wellness Coordinator will:
- Manage the fitness center operation including facilities, personnel, programs and budget.
- Lead group exercise classes, continuously monitoring and adjusting types of classes and times to meet the interest and needs of residents. Programming will include purpose based and functional fitness classes as well as traditional fitness classes appropriate to senior living communities.
- Actively encourage resident participation in the fitness center and classes.
- Promote and facilitate the use of the Technogym, other fitness machines in the fitness center.
- Facilitates senior fitness tests with residents; enter information into LifeConnect or Technogym technology.
- Develop individual comprehensive fitness program that addresses individual resident’s needs and abilities in all levels of care.
- Provide personal and fitness instruction for residents, which include equipment orientation, a personal fitness assessment and monitoring ongoing-progress of residents.
- Work with therapy director, residential nurse, and healthcare administrator to present preventive health programs, conduct balance assessments, and ensure provision of rehabilitative services as medically indicated.